The Department of English Studies of the University of Cyprus will be accepting applications for the Spring Semester 2012-13 (beginning in January 2013), until October 31st 2012.
Ten (10) places are available for the postgraduate programme which leads to obtaining a Master's degree in English Literature and Comparative Cultural Studies.
- Candidates must possess a university degree on a subject relevant to the proposed field of study.
- All candidates must have an excellent knowledge of English.
- Applications for the MA Programme must include two written samples 5-10 pages long.
- The applications and all documents must be submitted in English.
Submission of applications:
Applications can be submitted either electronically using the online application system
or by completing the paper application form.
The paper application form should be submitted to the secretaries of the Department of English Studies, using the following address:
Department of English Studies
University of Cyprus
P.O. Box 20537
The applications should include the following:
- An electronic application form or a paper application form (which can be obtained from the webpage
- A Curriculum Vitae
- Certified copies of University degrees or confirmation of graduation (The certified photocopy of the degree should be submitted along with the Registration Form)
- Copies of Transcripts
- A brief statement of personal goals and research interests (up to 2 pages).
- The names and addresses of University Professors. The candidates should request letters of recommendation to be sent directly to the Coordinator of Postgraduate Studies of the Department. Letters must bear an original signature and be submitted in a stamped envelope. The Department may request additional confidential information from the referees. If you submit electronically your application, then the reference letters could also be submitted electronically at the UCY using the online application system.
Master's Degree - €5.125